Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog four: cluster reflection

I would have to say that the most common theme I have been privy to throughout the courses in the cluster is that of law and human rights.  The coursework for the cluster has required me to implement my knowledge of rights being affirmed and/or denied in instances such as when I have to use critical thinking to break down and decipher text or a passage, specifically in my essays.  The different disciplines approach the same or similar subjects and materials in different ways.  I feel as though political science has informed me of the civil rights and liberties I am allotted as a human being, linguistics has showed me exactly how I am able to communicate these rights, and English/American studies has taught me how to include them in my critical thinking strategies.  The social elements of the cluster have made it a much more interesting environment to learn in.  The diversity of the thoughts, views, and opinions of my classmates has made my interpretation of things much more open and allowed me not to be secluded to only one way of thinking; to really be able to take a neutral standpoint at times.  The integrated activity in LIB 110 has made it easier and more direct to see the connection between all of the courses.  I would like to be able to use all that I learn as a result of this cluster in future courses, which I have no doubts I will be able to do.  I believe that each skill I have learned and continue to exercise has the potential to assist me in many areas of learning and self expression down the line.

1 comment:

  1. LIB110 defintly made it easier to see the connection between our courses lol. and i couldnt agree more its definitly an interesting subject and want to continue learning more from it, im gonna miss the deep convos and arguments lol

    ReplyDelete